Designing the operation
The operation of a loyalty scheme or initiative can involve quite complex procedures mainly associated with exception management. Like most processes, when things go as planned, the operational overhead is manageable and relatively straight forward. However, as with most consumer focussed transactional programmes, there are many exceptions that must be accommodated.
Designing the operation of a consumer loyalty initiative should take into consideration many aspects of the ‘loyalty lifecycle’ to include:
- Scheme objectives – what are the milestones to success?
- The loyalty lifecycle – from consumer registration to redemption and account closure.
- Staffing and resource requirements – what can consumers expect from customer services?
- The loyalty token/s to be used – how will customers identify themselves?
- Rewards strategy – when and how do customers reward themselves?
- Monitoring progress – measuring customer engagement.
- Generating customer insight – what data to collect and how to analyse and segment?
We have helped to design and implement some of the most complex loyalty schemes together with their associated operational processes and organisational support structures. We work with our clients to create the most effective operational design in support of a successful outcome.